We build custom units to suit the requirements of each client. To help with the selection of your required distillation equipment, we would need as much info as possible on the variables that determine the unit.
- Distillation unit
- Unit type (Steam/Hydro+steam/Hydro)
- Fuel source
- Plant type
- Harvest window (Eg. Lavender has a harvesting window of 4 weeks once a year, compared to others that may be continuously every 4 months)
- Pre-processing (Dry/Fresh material, Whole/Chipped/Comminuted)
- Plant yield (Either yield/ha, or required throughput capacity – batch volume/weight, daily throughput)
- Distillation specifics (distillation time, oil separation)
- Portable/Fixed unit
- Will the unit service many farms
- What is the distance for material to travel
- Site constraints
- Roof height, excavation/topography
- Water and electricity
- Personal preferences
Please CONTACT US to calculate machine size suitable for your specific requirements.
With the expansion of awareness of the essential oil industry and accessibility to many different plant species, there is a large variety of plants to select for crop cultivation for essential oils.
We do not give advice on specific plants to plant, as the market remains ever changing and we do not take liability for crop choices. We can however assist once crops are chosen to determine environmental suitability as well as planting advice when available.
Through the years we have linked up with plant suppliers for the essential oil industry.
In some cases we may be able to assist in procuring plants with the correct genetics for oil production and advice on where many plants can be found.
By planting various crops the machine can be used all year round and cash flow spread out.
• Never still wet plants e.g. after rain, dew, or over-watering.
• Avoid wind at harvest time - protect with wind breaks.
Please note all plants have their own specific procedure to increase oil yield
We have exported and installed units of various sizes to neighbouring countries, Europe and North and South America, Australia and New Zealand.. No matter where you are, we will find a solution that makes sense. Contact Us to discuss your particular requirements and let us come up with a proposal.