The size of the still is determined by the plant material. E.g. lavender has a window period and all material has to be harvested in a short time, which increases machine size and boiler steam flow rate.
Choosing a distillation unit to suit your needs
The following factors will play a role in determining the best unit for your specific requirements:
- Plant Type (window period)
- Harvest method (No point in a big machine if you can't feed it)
- Portable (service many farms)
- Installation, standard off-the-shelf, cartridge system or mobile pots.
- Distance from material and projected volume.
- Site constraints (Roof height, water, electricity and personal preferences.)
Please CONTACT US to calculate machine size suitable for your specific requirements.
We can advise you on which plants are most suited to your unique situation, depending on size of your land, soil analyses, water availability, current demand for oils in the market place etc., providing essential advice and information wherever it may be required.
Our sister company Pure Green, specializes in the supply of the correct genetic species plants to farmers. Besides selling plants to farmers from our nursery, we also provide support and training for growers for propagation and growing plants for essential oil.
We now have a large data base to connect buyers and sellers. Our sister company, Still Pure, also purchases essential oils directly from the farmers for the Still Pure range.
Fill in the form on our Contact Us page to be included in the data base.
By planting various crops the machine can be used all year round and cash flow spread out.
• Never still wet plants e.g. after rain, dew, or over-watering.
• Avoid wind at harvest time - protect with wind breaks.
Please note all plants have their own specific procedure to increase oil yield
We have exported and installed units of various sizes to neighbouring countries, Europe and North America. No matter where you are, we will find a solution that makes sense. Contact Us to discuss your particular requirements and let us come up with a proposal.